Saturday, February 6, 2010

Girl Scout Cookies

When I was in the 5th grade I was a girl scout. We sold cookies for about 2 weeks. We each got a little carry box, and in that box was an assortment of 12 boxes. We took our best friend and we went door to door and sold cookies. If someone wanted a box you didnt have or more of a certain cookie, you wrote it down. When you got home you called your leader and you got the cookies that wanted and took it back to them the next day. We had an envelope to put the money in and they were 50 cents a box.

That year I sold the most cookies in our troop ... I got a certificate. I sold 75 boxes.

This year I get accosted every time I go to town. Mothers are selling them, sometimes there isnt even a little girl around! They have everything you want... boxes and boxes of them. The girls aren't selling those cookies! Can they even know how many each girl sold?

See after 30 odd years I remember that number and that certificate and the pride of having done it myself....

Do you think this girls will look back in the future and remember that as fondly? Some how I doubt it...

1 comment:

  1. Heck, even I sold them door to door....

    I don't know what's worse... Having the moms sell them at walmart... Or the fact that there are enough creeps in the world that girls can't sell them in their own neighborhoods..


    Sam

    ReplyDelete