Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hello!


Well I haven't blogged in many days.... probably the longest time between blogs since I started blogging years ago.

Maybe it is a good thing, I don't have as many things that I need to write about. Maybe I am just dealing with things better...

I cleaned out two of the last remaining rooms of the house yesterday... the junk room and the other computer room. My sitting room is full of junk to haul to the dump. So much stuff accumulates over time ... just junk that you should toss at the time but don't for some reason. Well it is going away ... hopefully today if more of the snow melts.

Which brings us to the snow... 15 inches out here... insanity. I have never in my almost 42 years seen that much snow. It is lovely but confining... I am not good confined! I don't always want to leave the house... but I want the option! lol

So I got out and went to get a tea at sonic yesterday and a couple of things at the store, it wasn't slick just deep, it was a new experience and I will say give me tons of snow over ice any day.

It was so white, and bright and clean that my eyes hurt. Made me think about how He will wash our sins white as snow....

That made me think... you can see a place that is a total dump and cover it in snow and it is postcard beautiful. It just covers ALL the ugly.

It is funny because I saw the slush and sand ... and I thought about how we as humans try to deal with stuff and how all we do is make a nasty mess... and what a stark difference that slush is to that beautiful white snow.

Those piles of nasty sand and mud is our sin, and the snow is his blood and forgiveness... and you just get such an amazing image and I think that God gives us these moments just so that we can understand a tiny bit of what He sees....


By the way that picture was taken at about 6 inches of snow, it snowed for hours after that!

2 comments:

  1. Is your snow gone yet? I am afraid ours will be here til April. Just checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the most part is it gone Thank God! Now we are muddy! lol I cant win

    ReplyDelete