Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My day


In the last week.... coming here and stating my plans and then coming back at night and posting the day has helped pull me up out of the hole I was in. I feel I am so much happier and more stable. I know it is a combo or several things. I am grateful for them all.

Today I went through the house and straightened up and mess and vacuumed, I am telling you I have vacuumed more in the last week than I have in the last 3 months! lol

I cooked today... it was nice. I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, roasted asparagus and peach cobbler. I really have trouble eating meatloaf, so I ate the veggies. My son in law loves my meatloaf and seemed very happy that there were a few pieces left for him to make meatloaf sandwiches. I went all the left overs come with the kids... they will eat it and I won't. It was nice to cook in a clean and well organized kitchen! I loved it.

I bought a new comforter for the bed in my room... the cats seem to like it... lol I put the flannel sheets back on because it is about to turn cold again... ice on Friday. I will be stuck in the house.... and I admit I am a little worried how it will affect me... but I will keep looking for the good and happy things... and if I feel the need to I will post them here. Right now I am in a happy place and see so much good that I don't feel the need to post it.

I wanted to tell you about the asparagus... omg it was so good. My only experiences with it was canned or steamed (the bag you buy with sauce) and I loved those. I had never bought the fresh stuff. I didn't even know what to do with it. E from the room was talking about how she does hers... snap off the ends, wash them, blot dry and put in a gallon baggie. Pour in a little bit of olive oil, fine sea salt, and she did lemon pepper ... I didn't do the lemon pepper. Roll the asparagus around in the baggie until it is all coated... put in a baking dish and bake at 400 for 20 mins.... SO SO GOOD!

Sam and J brought over the sister to my puppy... they are so cute together... it was a herd of dogs.... 5 of them, 2 of them puppies.

My back is still really tender from the moving stuff and cleaning... I am bruised from head to toe as well. I think I need a day of rest. In fact I think that tomorrow I will go through the house and straighten up, then I have to go to town to get the licensed tags for the truck and pick of some meds.... but then I think I am going to be lazy. I think I earned that.

Ok that is an accounting of my day. I think that now I am on solid enough ground that maybe my posts will be most ... from my thoughts on things and less a list of the accomplishments. Thank you all for tossing me a rope to use to climb out with....

Sam.... LMAO

No comments:

Post a Comment