Friday, January 22, 2010

Wrong turns...

During the cleaning last night I was thinking... lol yep it is back ... but GOOD thinking not wallowing thinking.

I mentioned that I took a wrong turn, well wrong exit really but turn sounds better. lol Anyway I was a little anxious for a few minutes because I was headed down into downtown Ft Worth... all skyscrapers and one way streets. I am only a LITTLE familiar with the area. I knew tho that if I stayed going north I would eventually end up close to home! So in the middle of the city I found a one way street and headed north and before I knew it I was back in the Stockyards... not only do I LOVE the stockyards but I knew how to get home from there! LOL

So this made me think about many times in my life when I took a wrong turn and ended up in a place I love.

First I got pregnant at 17 ... looking for love... story for another time. I got Sam and Bill in my life. 24 years later I still have them in my life and it was one of the BEST wrong turns I ever took! I ended up in a place I love!

Second applies to now. I took a wrong turn and got lost in wallowing in the past and a combo of medicine issues... I didn't realize I was lost for a while. I was so lost... I got the right meds... I got some sleep and I am loving the place I am in right now.... LOVE IT.

How many times in our lives do we panic and fret when we do the wrong thing only to learn in time it was one of the best things that ever happened to us?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference in my ability to deal with life is like day and night. I got up yesterday feeling great! Sleep is at least partly to ... cant say blame... lol but you know. The sleep was amazing! Made me sassy ... yesterday was so great.

I slept again last night and I am happy, peaceful and ready to tackle the world already this morning. I have been up about 45 mins and I have already taken the dogs out, fed all the pets, hung up/ folded up and put away 3 loads of laundry and am doing my computer stuff. I feel so good. I can't even tell you. The meds haven't even had time to fully start to work yet! Is this what normal people feel like?

I have take antidepressants for 16 years and always felt ... draggy and in a fog I honestly haven't felt this good in YEARS....

I know that it is a combo of lots of things... a positive outlook, rest, better food, the meds and a purpose!

So far there is only one side effect.... I am craving water! LOL great side effect. It causes a little bit of a dry mouth. I am a tea drinker but the tea doesn't seem to help as much as water. I want water... so I am happy. They said that there is a "hangover" in the morning where you are groggy... and I had that yesterday... or maybe I was just still tired BUT I am alert and raring to go today no hangover.

Watch out because I am hurricane Gina lol in a good way!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok plan for the day... world domination. KIDDING!

I am going to work in my kitchen, the bottom cabinets are terrible! Small appliances all over and dishes I don't use that sort of thing. I am going to clean that and rearrange them. The tupperware cabinet ... well open THAT with care... I will match the bowls and lids. I will sweep and mop the floors.

If I am still in a cleaning mood after that I will start cleaning out and organizing the buffet thing in the dining room and clean the dining room.

That is all I am planning as to the house... but heck who know what I will get done lol

I will hop on the treadmill or walk outside today... it is going to be 74!

Oh yesterday I ate 2 meals and no snacks... which is weird for me I WAS eating kinda all day ... which is WHY the girls were looking better... I wasn't wanting to eat all day I wasn't eating to try to cope so that is good. I will have to watch this because the increase in activity and the not wanting to eat can go bad for me in a hurry. I may get an increase in appetite or not too early to tell ... but I will watch it. LOL figures that as soon as I decide I LIKE the weight I am at I start to move and not eat!

I will get out of the house today... no idea yet what I will do... but something fun.

I will get dressed in something decent to leave the house in! lol

Who knows what else I will do today! but you know what I am really really sure it will be good!

You know what else God is good! All the time... even when we ignore Him. He is still there.... waiting...

Ok taking another look at the senator then I am getting on with the day lol

1 comment: