Saturday, January 30, 2010

A test of patience....

I am glad once again that I have a couple of weeks of doing better behind me as today so far has been.... a challenge.

I was up from 3:30 to 4:30 this morning with a cramp in my shoulder muscle...the one that runs from the neck and across the back of the shoulder.. that was new and quite the experience let me tell you. I am having issues maintaining water in my body... I bought gatorade which I hate.. this morning and I will drink it to take care of my body.

I took the old truck into have it inspected and turned on the wipers to see them just fall apart... so I had to go get new ones. Since I didn't think ... and remember that this is the last sat of the month the line was long... but I am stubborn and waited it out even though it didn't have to be done today. My reward was that they had real heaters in there.. I don't mean these electric jobs I mean FLAMES... I roasted myself like was on a spit! SOMETHING GOOD!

I got home to realize that is was 60 degrees in my house... we are in the middle of a very cold snap. After resetting the breaker and all that good stuff it still didnt work. I thought perhaps it was the thermostat so I drove 25 miles to the local Home Depot to get a new one... came home wired it up and still doesnt work. I now know what is wrong with it and will be ordering it online.... Sadly today it is a high of 33 and a only have space heaters... I don't want to run off and leave the animals in the cold so I will tough it out here. I go have a kerosene heater that will heat pretty good .. but I need a wick and that is 18 miles away at the man mall.

I don't think I can stand another trip out in the cold and tonight will be in the teens. I have plenty of blankets and quilts and animals lol we will huddle.

So I am trying to stay focused today on the good... because it feel like I am being poked with a pitch fork.

The kids are on the way and we will hang out ...

2 comments:

  1. Have them stop and get the wick thingy ya need..save you the trip out in the cold. What ya got in the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we made cookies, tacos, breakfast burritos... it was fun I was drinking grape smirnoff lol

    ReplyDelete